Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It's Fun to Steal Crafting Ideas from the Internet!


If you spend a lot of time at the computer, you may have seen these fine magnets around Christmas time.
  Reindeer Butt Magnets Set of 6  gift, brown, steph mantis

As the ad for them was apparently targeted at me (because I saw it on facepage and they do that sort of thing), I was intrigued and insulted at the same time.

A friend saw them and said how she would like to have some. I took her seriously and decided to try to make some myself.

I got a Dremel just before making the magnet, but I have yet to figure out how to make it work. SO, one of my friends from Michaels suggested using a wood burner with the blade attachment to slice the plastic animal in half. I couldn't get my blade to screw on properly, but it worked out pretty well.

Once I had the giraffe rear ready, i just tacky glued a magnet to some felt I cut to fit the back, glued the felt the the raw edges on the back, and it was set. I did find that I needed to use a stronger magnet than the cheaper ones available at the craft store. I used some glitter glue to cover any gaps and voila!
I had a terrifically tacky birthday gift.


Careful what you wish for. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment