Saturday, March 17, 2012

Random Roundup

*updated so that all links should now open in a new window*

Another low-key Saturday night at home. I should be unpacking, cleaning, studying, but this just seems like a better idea. Just so this blog doesn't turn into a how-to site of stuff I've ripped off, I found some random funnies yesterday that I thought I would compile for your viewing pleasure. It's a little heavy on the Muppets, but the movie comes out on DVD Tuesday, so this is just to better set the mood. ;)

First off, I'm not really familiar with the show Game of Thrones, but a friend of mine really enjoys it. Illustrator Yehudi Mercado has created a collection of Game of Thrones of Muppets. These images are enough to at least get me interested in the show.


He has posters for sale of individual characters. I like this one.

Prince Joffrizzo: Game of Thrones of Muppets
I don't know anything about the character,
but how cool is this Prince Joffrizzo?

I think it's the 30th anniversary of Weird Al's first album release. (Although Wikipedia seemed to give me conflicting information...) Possibly related to this debatable milestone, Mr. Yankovic hosted the opening of an art show at Gallery 1988 in Los Angeles. Joined with Funny or Die (-this link takes you to their video with Al seeing auditions for a Cabaret review in his honor), Is This Thing On 2: The Weird Year is full of art inspired by all sorts of funny people. If you happen to be in the vicinity, the exhibit will be up through the end of March. But if you are stuck elsewhere like myself, you can check out what they have online. If you've got the cash, you can buy one of your own. These are a few of my favorites.
Phantom City Creative
"Like a Surgeon"
Jason Liwag
"Dooneese"
  
Nick Comparone
"Nigel Trufnel"
Steven Thomas
"Party On! Productions Presents"

Chris B. Murray
"Lunch Lady"
I mentioned before that this is a rather uneventful Saturday night. But if I leave now, I can still make it to this midnight movie.

I really wish this was available on Rifftrax. I've only seen their MST3000 stuff, but this movie looks like it's right up their ally.

And before I go, I want to encourage you good people to make your daily visit to the Muppet Madness Tournament. This year's competition includes characters from the new movie. I've got my brackets filled out, but I'm bracing myself for some upsets. 
Print your brackets!
I'm going to go ahead and predict Kermit takes all in the final round against Walter, but it could still be anyone's game. So, go get your voice heard! Vote! Sam the Eagle would tell you it's your duty as an American! Or that you are all weirdos... Take your pick. ;)

And, oh yeah! I forgot it's St. Patrick's Day. Here's the obligatory Muppet video I have to share!





No comments:

Post a Comment